The key responsibilities of the role include:
• ensuring delivery against strategic objectives and functional priorities, including growth of academic reputation of the School, delivery of an excellent student experience, promotion of a culture of research and innovation, and internationalisation of the School
• driving strategic development of the School through outstanding academic leadership and effective management of staff and resources, and the building of excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• contributing to the development and implementation of academic strategy across the University;
• ensuring the portfolio of programmes and related academic activities delivered by the School remains relevant and attractive.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
• Academic leadership at Dean or Head of School level
• Experience leading Arts would be advantageous however candidates from other industries are being considered
• Effective management of staff and other resources to deliver demonstrable improvements in educational performance, research, student numbers, programme development
• Developing academic and resource plans which ensure long-term sustainability of a School
• Effective staff management and leadership to ensure high levels of individual and team performance
• evidence of building and maintaining enduring and mutually beneficial relationships between education and practice providers
• building partnerships with external stakeholders.
Salary £90,000 - £100,000 dependent on experience
If you are interested please apply online and we will be back in touch with further information
Location – North
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?