The Practice covers UK and international retailing activity; our clients include: traditional store multiples and department stores, high street, pure play online and multi-channel organisations. We are experienced at placing executives at board and senior management levels across the full range of retail functional disciplines. Typically these include the business support functions of Finance, I.T, HR and Marketing, as well as the commercial trading, retail operations and supply chain parts of the business. We have developed expertise in successfully working with FTSE businesses, blue chip Plc’s, as well as supporting start-up, family owned and Private Equity backed businesses.
Post-recession, there has been a significant increase in the use of Interim management in the retail sector. Having been through large scale cost reduction and business reorganisation exercises during the recession, retail businesses are now using executive Interim managers in growth and business transformation programmes.
Our global capability allows us to work with clients to recruit Board and senior management across international territories.
The practice maintains an ear-to-the-ground approach to developments in the sector. We proactively network with the most respected leaders in the industry to champion thought leadership issues via our well-attended events.
The business has grown significantly, particularly over the last three years and is recognised by the Interim management community as the leading provider.
For over a decade we have worked actively to build up the strongest networks of senior interim candidates in the UK. We are one of a very few interim providers that works closely with our search business Odgers Berndtson. This enables us to reach across a larger and more diverse network.
Our knowledge of professional interim retail managers is exceptional. The following are examples of typical roles carried out by retail interim managers through Odgers Interim:
- Multi-Channel Director – Leading Plc
- Chief Finance Officer - Multi-Site Fashion Business
- Financial Controller – Restaurant Business
- Retail Operations Director – International Luxury Retailer
- Trading Director – Grocery Multiple
- Supply Chain & Procurement Director – International Fashion Business
- I.T Transformation Director – Grocery Multiple
- Global Chief Executive – International Lifestyle & Fashion Business
- Chief Operating Officer – Marketing - International Fashion Business
- Chief Operating Officer – Entertainment & Lifestyle Organisation
- Retail Operation Director – Multi-Site Fashion Business
- Finance Director – Start-up
Our remit encompasses all aspects of the Travel, Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality industry. And we work across Hotels, Restaurant and Pub Groups, Travel Operators, Attractions, Retail Parks, Spa Groups and Health & Fitness organisations.
Latest case studies
- 21 Mar 2017
- 14 Apr 2016
- 14 Apr 2016
- 28 Mar 2014
- 02 Feb 2012