As charities are increasingly seen as service providers, often developing their own revenue streams alongside their more traditional remit, a new approach is required. Charities interim management is a smart strategy to bring fresh thinking and new skillsets to meet this challenge.
In fact many organisations large and small are recognising that change is not only inevitable but that it can be exciting. Interim executives can reduce some of the pain associated with such change.
Of course finding the right expertise and balancing the hard skill sets with an understanding of the charity’s vision and values always presents an interesting challenge, but on a short term basis can be easier to manage than one might think. It does not require a fundamental shift in recruitment policy or a permanent salary hike, if managed as a defined project with tangible outcomes.
We have worked with both high-profile, established charities as well as with much smaller organisations and recognise that for both the skills required in their leaders are of equal complexity and quality.
Some recent examples of assignments are:
- Director of Finance - NSPCC
- Director of Fundraising – Action for Children
- Director of Fundraising - Refuge
- Director of Fundraising – National Autistic Society
- Chief Executive - IPOP
- Customer Services Manager – NCMA
- Marketing Manager – WRVS
- Reward Consultant - Speaking Up
- Project Manager – Speaking Up
- Claims and Invoicing Project Manager – The Shaw Trust
- Employee Engagement Manager – National Autistic Society
- Director of Finance and Resources - Paul Hamlyn Foundation
- Programme Director – Help the Aged
- Project Manager – PDSA
- HR Director - NAPP
- Project Manager - Father's Campaign – NAPP
- Chief Executive – Parenting UK
- Interim Executive - Design Council
- Chief Financial and Operations Officer - International Shakespeare Globe Centre Ltd
- Director of Marketing - British Film Institute
- International Head of Development - The Brooke
- Finance Manager - Lifeline Projects Ltd
- Head of Training - PDSA
- Director General - The Royal British Legion
- Chief Executive - ATAXIA
- Director of Fundraising - Help the Aged